This 20 hour training is designed for yoga teachers who want to learn how to teach yoga to children and for classroom teachers who want to incorporate yoga into their classrooms. The focus is on teaching from toddlers to middle schoolers and also includes Family Yoga.
Yoga for Kids Teacher Training Curriculum
This hands-on yoga teacher training will prepare you to teach yoga to children and families. It will include:
* study and understanding of childhood development stages
* teaching of postures, breathing techniques, visualization exercises, and yoga-based games and activities for each age group
* hands-on demonstrations and practice teaching with children of various ages
* how to create and sequence yoga classes for various age groups
* how to incorporate yoga into your classroom curriculum (elementary and middle school teachers)
* focus on age-appropriate management techniques
* yoga philosophy and ethics for children’s yoga teachers
The training consists of two 8-hour days with 4 hours of observations/homework
August 10th & 11th, 2013
Saturday 8/10 from 12pm-8pm
Sunday 8/11 from 8:45-11am and 12:15pm- 6pm
This training is led by Tiffany Belzar. To learn more about Tiffany, please visit her website at www.yogatiffany.com
$315 (10% off) if registered by May 10, 2013.
$350. Tuition must be paid in full at the time of registration to reserve your space.