Yoga For Kids Teacher Training is designed for yoga teachers who want to learn how to teach yoga to children and for classroom teachers who want to incorporate yoga into their classrooms. This training focusses on teaching toddlers to middle schooler children and includes family yoga.
Yoga for Kids Teacher Training Curriculum
Learn to teach yoga to children and families:
- study and understand childhood development stages
- teach postures, breathing techniques, visualization exercises, and yoga-based games and activities for each age group
- hands-on demonstrations and practice teaching with children of various ages
- create and sequence yoga classes for various age groups
- incorporate yoga into your classroom curriculum (elementary and middle school teachers)
- focus on age-appropriate management techniques
- yoga philosophy and ethics for children’s yoga teachers
This course provides 16 Elective Contact Hours for YGSF500 and/or 16 Yoga Alliance® CEUs
Yoga for Kids Schedule
The training consists of two 8-hour days with 4 hours of observations/homework
- March 15 & 16, 2014
- Saturday, 3/15 from 12:00 PM – 8:30 PM
- Sunday, 3/16 from 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Tiffany Belzer, E-RYT 200, RCYT
Tiffany Belzer is a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher and Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher. She teaches in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Tiffany has been practicing yoga since 2003. She received her teacher training at Its Yoga, San Francisco in Ashtanga Vinyasa with Larry Schultz in 2006. In order to expand her skills to teach yoga to children, she went on to be trained at Its Yoga Kids. Since 2006, she has taught yoga to children, adults and families.
Prior to her yoga career, Tiffany taught preschool and and elementary school for over 10 years.
To learn more about Tiffany, please visit her website at www.yogatiffany.com
Tuition is $350, or $315 with early bird discount if registered on or before 2/15.
Tuition must be paid in full at the time of registration to reserve your space.