Aromatherapy and Yoga for Pregnancy
August 12 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
with Katrin Kuttner
Scent is deeply connected to memory; the scents you surround yourself and your baby with are imprinted on your child’s early memories. In this workshop, you will develop a finer breath and more delicate sense of smell as required for the careful application of essential oils during pregnancy and early childhood.
An enthusiast with essential oils, teacher Katrin Kuttner found herself in a dilemma while pregnant with her first child. Countless books, people and packaging labels told her not to use essential oils during pregnancy because almost any smell would probably upset her.
In disbelief, she did her research and instead came across many valuable applications of essential oils that have been used in midwifery. The work of German midwife and author Ingeborg Stadelmann inspired her most. Self care and attention is needed when practicing yoga and using essential oils during pregnancy, but when done properly these practices can be very uplifting.
- Experience easy, everyday yoga poses to declutter your mind and body
- Learn about the changes in breath and sense of smell during pregnancy
- Discover how to evoke comfort and handle discomfort with scents
- Try out what scents work for your individual comfort and learn how to make compresses
- Take home a personal scented bag to enjoy during your pregnancy
This course provides 1.5 Elective Contact Hours for YGSF’s 300 Hour Program [1.5 Yoga Alliance® CEUs].
For more about our 300 Hour Teacher Training CLICK HERE.
Tuition is $40, or $30 if you enroll on or before 7/20.
YGSF Members receive 10% off the regular price of this workshop. Alumni receive 15% off the regular price of this workshop.