We offer a comprehensive Prenatal / Postnatal program for mothers and mommas-to-be!
Our prenatal practice is active, challenging, safe and supportive, so that mother and baby benefit from postures without any strain. We guarantee that your pregnancy birth, and recovery will be improved by a regular yoga practice at Yoga Garden SF.
- Practice yoga postures (asana) and breathing exercises (pranayama) for better health during and after pregnancy.
- Learn how to use the breath (pranayama) to reduce stress, increase circulation, prepare for labor and more.
- Connect with other parents who are at all stages of pregnancy and early parenting.
- Become informed and make the best birth choices for you and your baby.
- Improve your postpatum recovery and bring mindfulness to your parenting.
Enhance your yoga practice with our Prenatal and Postnatal workshops. We offer a variety of workshops, with recurring favorites like Prenatal Partner Yoga.
All Yoga Garden members receive 10% off workshops.
Prenatal Teacher Training
In the YGSF 85-hour Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training, you will learn to successfully teach yoga to pregnant and postpartum women.
- Learn which yoga postures are appropriate for pregnancy and postpartum care, including any special modifications.
- Understand the physiological, emotional, and social considerations of childbearing and parenting.
- Recognize the common discomforts of pregnancy and the postpartum period, and discover how postures and sequences can support women through this process.
- Receive hands-on training and feedback in practice classroom settings.
- Experience giving support to mothers, assisting mother-infant bonding and fostering community among new mothers and parents.
This program is perfect for 200 Hour Teachers ready to begin teaching Prenatal students, Graduates of our 200 Hour Teacher Training program, or Birth Professionals interested in how yoga can benefit their clients.
Compliment your Prenatal Yoga practice with a Prenatal Massage. Prenatal massage is specifically designed for mothers – and is a gentle way to relieve the headaches and backaches sometimes occur during pregnancy.