Interested in 200 Hour Teacher Training? Join us at Master Class, a free opportunity to study with YGSF Advanced Studies faculty!
Yoga Garden SF Teacher Training
Yoga Garden SF is San Francisco’s premier center for yoga teacher training and yoga teacher certification. Yoga Garden Teacher Training (YGTT) originates from the Krishnamacharya tradition. Our training draws on three of yoga’s strongest lineages: Iyengar, ashtanga, and vinyasa. This gives you a solid foundation of technical excellence combined with philosophical depth, enabling to you to teach your practice. Learn how yoga works and ignite your passion for self discovery and service to others.
Our Graduates Teach! We empower you with the knowledge and support to begin teaching yoga immediately upon completion of the program. See what our graduates are doing on our Graduates Page.
200 Hour Teacher Training / Curriculum Overview
Our yoga teacher training includes a solid foundation in anatomy, yoga history, yoga philosophy, yoga practice, and teaching skills. Through practice, teaching, discussion, lecture, embodiment, and exploration YGTT prepares you to share yoga and teach successfully. We don’t give you a script to memorize, instead you acquire the tools to share your own practice in a way that delivers the benefits of yoga to everyone. Some people take the program to learn rather than teach. Whatever your reasons for taking the leap, YGTT will transform you and your relationship to yoga forever.
Our curriculum includes:
- Free access to all YGSF yoga classes during the duration of your program!
- Guided practice include alignment based vinyasa yoga classes, pranayama, and chanting.
- Understand how yoga creates well-being, health and higher consciousness.
- Experience how asana (poses), pranayama (breath control), and meditation deliver these benefits.
- Learn the science of anatomy. Apply anatomical principles to your yoga practice.
PHILOSOPHY & HISTORY
- Explore the historical context in which yoga has evolved from an ancient past through modern times. As a carrier of the lineage, you are part of the evolution of yoga!
- Explore yoga’s philosophical foundations to understand the reasons behind the actions.
- Discuss Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, including the 8-limbs of yoga and Yama and Niyama, the ethical foundations of yoga.
- Experience and discuss basic chanting.
- Receive the technical acumen to lead successful, intelligent, all-levels yoga classes. Graduate with the ability to teach your style of yoga.
- Learn teaching skills which include sequencing, creating relevant themes and intentions, hands-on and verbal adjustments, conscious use of language, voice projection, time management, prenatal modifications, therapeutics, and teaching beginners.
- Gain confidence and effectiveness as a teacher and student of yoga.
- Yoga Garden Teacher Training (YGTT) graduates are qualified to register their teaching certification with Yoga Alliance®. Your certification is internationally recognized!
BUSINESS OF YOGA
- Learn the business of yoga and yoga ethics.
- Lectures on social media, branding and marketing yourself.
- Lectures on business of yoga including taxation and the financial aspects of teaching yoga.
THE YGSF DIFFERENCE / OUR COMMUNITY
- Yoga Garden lead teachers bring decades of experience teaching, practicing, studying, living and breathing yoga to guide and mentor you.
- Receive mentorship and individualized support that allows you to grow as a student and evolve as a teacher, including ongoing compassionate feedback.
- Be part of a life-long community of yoga students and professionals who support your growth. Stay in touch on our Alumni Facebook page after graduation. Alumni attend free Master Classes.
- Our Graduates Teach! We are so proud of our graduates and love to keep in touch. See what they are doing on our Graduates page.
Please schedule a tour with our program director Michelle Myhre to learn more!
200 Hour Teacher Training / Program Format
We offer a 200-hour Yoga Alliance®-registered yoga teacher certification in two formats:
- Our 12-week extended program is for working Bay Area yogi’s who can commit to Tuesday and Friday nights, plus Saturday and Sunday afternoons for three months. Many students prefer having more time to assimilate their studies and allow time for work, school, or family.
- Our 28-day immersion program (Sundays or Mondays off) allows you to complete our in-depth program in the shortest period possible. Our immersion format allows for a process of deep transformation in a supportive community over the course of one month. For students who take training to strengthen their practice and learn more about yoga, the 28-day immersion provides an excellent urban retreat experience.
Upcoming Teacher Trainings in 2013:
- 200-Hour Immersion Program: April 30 – May 26, 2013
- 200-Hour Immersion Program: July 1-27, 2013
- 200-Hour Extended Program: September 10 – December 8, 2013
- 200-Hour Immersion Program: October 1 – October 27, 2013
Apply Now! Enroll by the 28th of the month and save!
200 Hour Teacher Training / Program Tuition:
Program tuition is $2,950. Early Bird Discounts available. Visit the program page from the right sidebar for more information.
Extended payment plans exist. We want to make Yoga Teacher Training affordable to all students. If you would like to request an extended payment plan to help distribute costs, please apply to the program and then inquire with us regarding options to distribute tuition costs.
Yoga Garden SF now offers one 200 Hour Teacher Training Apprentice position per session. Apprentices receive $800 off tuition in exchange for supporting lead teachers and fulfilling various duties. 200 Hour Applicants only please, no Prenatal Training or Kids Yoga Training applications accepted. Click here to learn more about the Teacher Training Apprentice Program.
Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
Continuing education (CE) credits are available throughout the year.