Yoga Garden/Moxie is hiring Barre, Mat Pilates and HIIT group fitness instructors for in-studio instruction. Our instruction is characterized by a high awareness of and responsiveness to students’ experiences during class; concise, timely, and relevant cuing; a clear understanding of the anatomy, kinesthesiology, and psychology of the taught practice based on personal experience in addition to theoretical learning, and a fluency in performance skills.
Yoga Garden/Moxie teachers often remain in our community for several years, establishing a strong connection to our students and community. Ideal candidates will be those looking for a “home studio” to build your following, engage with our community, and enhance our overall business with your unique voice and contribution.
Successful candidates will have prior demonstrated success in sustaining a core student following, a professional online presence, and credentials supporting their barre, pilates, and/or HIIT/body weight education .
Yoga Garden/Moxie has seven locations throughout San Francisco including NOPA/Lower Haight, 20th Street (Mission), Nob Hill, Noe Valley, Inner Sunset, Bernal Heights, and Inner Richmond neighborhoods. Some classes are simultaneously in-person, livestreamed, and recorded for on-demand replay. Compensation is per performance plus replay revenue. These classes create the scenario of building a digital library, and online following, with live demonstration models, while giving in-person instruction.
GROUP CLASS INSTRUCTOR
Part-time, minimum 3 classes per week
An Instructor at YGSF is an enthusiastic people person, supporting the next-level growth of our organization and community. Working along a diverse team of dedicated teachers and administrators, you will help ensure a superior experience for all who walk through the door of Yoga Garden SF.
This part-time position with competitive pay, includes a yoga membership. As part of a team in a dynamic organization, this position has lots of interesting opportunities for personal and professional growth. Additionally, staff members receive discounted entrance to all special events and workshops as well as partial or full scholarships for select training.
- Ensure the presentation of company standards through all interactions with clients
- Create lasting positive impressions with professionalism and friendliness
- Promoting classes and workshops through word of mouth, social media and community involvement
- Minimum 3 classes per week as part of regular class schedule (Opportunities are available at all 7 locations)
- 200hr RYT Certificate of Completion from YA approved training
- Strong communication skills and the ability to deliver safe and accessible classes to a wide range of students
- Timeliness and reliability in scheduling and performing services
A BIG PLUS
- 500hr RYT Yoga Alliance Certification
- Specialized Teacher Training including but not limited to Trauma-Informed instruction, Prenatal/Postnatal yoga, Yoga Sculpt, Pilates, Barre, HIIT and/or bootcamp style fitness classes
- Experience managing physical space and customer experience within it.
- Experience in membership sales and retail sales
- Enthusiasm for grass-roots, small business, community-minded endeavors.
Only candidates who meet the requirements above, demonstrate an exemplary work ethic, and are willing to commit to our community will be considered.