BIPOC Yoga Teacher Training Scholarship
Yoga Garden SF recognizes the structural and institutional racism in the self-care, wellness, and yoga communities. Through our BIPOC Yoga Teacher Training Scholarship, we commit to removing financial barriers to yoga education in order to make yoga more accessible, equitable, and representative.
Currently, we offer 2 full scholarships per training and we have options for partial scholarships. You may apply for more than one training, but only one scholarship will be awarded per person per calendar year. Please submit one application for each training. Approximately 1 month before training starts, you will be notified via email regarding the scholarship decision. At that time, we will let you know if any partial scholarships are available.
**If you are applying for an in person training, please make sure you are able to commit to being at the Yoga Garden studio in San Francisco during the scheduled times. The event pages on Union.fit state if a training is in person or virtual.**
Who is eligible:
This scholarship is allocated to those with multiple intersecting identities including BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, South Asian, Asian, Diasporic, Immigrants & People of Color) communities who otherwise wouldn’t be able to participate without support. Other intersectional considerations for BIPOC include LGBTQIA+ communities, eligible for public assistance, are experiencing discrimination, medical expenses, have dependents, previously incarcerated, living with a disability, among many others.
This scholarship will cover 100% of the tuition for the teacher training program of your choice. To date, we have supported thirty (30) Black, Indigenous, South Asian, Asian, Diasporic, Immigrants & People of Color to become trained as yoga instructors since its beginning in 2020.
- 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training – Winter Extended 2023 | January 15 – April 8, 2023. Deadline to apply is November 28, 2022.
- 300-Hour Core Module: Advanced Asana Practice | January 23 – February 10, 2023. Deadline to apply is November 28, 2022.
- Freedom Through the Breath | January 28 – January 29, 2023. Deadline to apply is November 14, 2022.
- Trauma-Informed YTT | 2023. Deadline to apply is November 28, 2022.
- 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training: Spring Extended 2023 | April 16 – July 15, 2023. Deadline to apply is February 28, 2022.
- 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training: Summer Immersion 2023 | July 11 – August 6, 2023. Deadline to apply is May 28, 2022.
Please note: if you have not completed any yoga teacher training before the 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training is the place to start. However, we recommend at least six months of prior yoga practice for those interested in the 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training.
BIPOC Teacher Training ScholarshipPlease provide your answers to the questions below. Our team carefully reviews every application and we thank you for your time and energy.