BIPOC Yoga Teacher Training Scholarship
Yoga Garden SF recognizes the structural and institutional racism in the self-care, wellness, and yoga communities. We are committed to removing financial barriers to yoga education in order to make yoga more accessible, equitable and representative.
We offer 2 full scholarships per training and we have options for partial scholarships. You may apply for more than one training, but only one scholarship will be awarded per person per calendar year, and you must submit one application for each training. You will be notified via email once the scholarship decision has been made (approximately 1 month before training starts), and we’ll let you know at that time if any partial scholarships are available.
**If you are applying for an in person training, please make sure you are able to commit to being at the Yoga Garden studio in San Francisco during the scheduled times. The event pages on Union.fit state if a training is in person or virtual.**
Who is eligible:
This scholarship is allocated to those with multiple intersecting identities including BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, South Asian, Asian, Diasporic, Immigrants & People of Color) communities who otherwise wouldn’t be able to participate without support. Other intersectional considerations for BIPOC include LGBTQIA+ communities, eligible for public assistance, are experiencing discrimination, medical expenses, have dependents, previously incarcerated, living with a disability, among many others.
This scholarship will cover 100% of the tuition for the teacher training program of your choice. To-date we have supported thirty (30) Black, Indigenous, South Asian, Asian, Diasporic, Immigrants & People of Color to become trained as yoga instructors since its beginning in 2020.
- Trauma-Informed (Guest): Dismantling Cultural Appropriation | August 3, 2022. Deadline to apply is July 20, 2022.
- Fall 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training (Extended | Part-time) | September 11 – December 10, 2022. Deadline to apply is July 28, 2022.
- Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training Module I: Foundations | September 26 – September 30, 2022. Deadline to apply is July 28th, 2022.
- 300-Hour Core Module: Advanced Philosophy & Contemplative Practice | September 10 – 18, 2022. Deadline to apply is August 28, 2022.
- Marketing 101 for Yoga Instructors | September 21, 2022. Deadline to apply is September 7, 2022.
- Fall 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training (Immersion | Full-time) | October 4- 30, 2022. Deadline to apply is August 28, 2022.
- Trauma-Informed: Psychology, Yoga & Trauma | October 22 – 23, 2022. Deadline to apply is August 28, 2022.
- Trauma-Informed YTT: Supporting Pregnant & Birthing People | November 3, 20. Deadline to apply is September 28, 2022.
- 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training – Winter Extended 2023 | January 15 – April 8, 2023. Deadline to apply is November 28, 2022.
- 300-Hour Core Module: Advanced Asana Practice | January 23 – February 10, 2023. Deadline to apply is November 28, 2022.
Note: If you have not completed any yoga teacher training before the 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training is the place to start. For the 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training, we also recommend at least six months of prior yoga practice.
BIPOC Teacher Training ScholarshipPlease provide your answers to the questions below. Our team carefully reviews every application and we thank you for your time and energy.