Kick butt fitness!
The BoxingYoga™ Teacher Training Course provides boxing coaches, personal trainers, yoga instructors, and anyone with an active interest in fitness with the knowledge, confidence and skills necessary to safely and effectively teach BoxingYoga™.
Boxing or yoga experience is recommended, but not required. The BoxingYoga™ Teacher Training Course provides all the support materials and training needed for you to become certified to teach BoxingYoga™ at boxing clubs, fitness gyms, health centers, yoga studios, sporting institutions and private venues, anywhere in the world.
The BoxingYoga™ Teacher Training Course is structured over 100 hours and is broken-down as follows:
- Independent Studies: 40 hours
- Attending Classes & Home Workout Video Practice: 20 hours
- Practical Training Days: 32 hours
- Assessment Preparation: 5 hours
- Assessment: 3 hours
After signing-up, all students are invited to their secure, online BoxingYoga™ Learner Zone, for access to a comprehensive learning package, including a detailed BoxingYoga™ Teacher Training Manual, Study Guide, Workbook, Instructional Home Workout Video Download, learning aids and a recommended reading list in order to:
- Familiarize with the BoxingYoga™ class structure, transitions and individual postures with anatomical illustrations descriptions and modifications.
- Learn how BoxingYoga™ complements the boxer’s training regime and how it provides boxers and athletes with competitive advantage, contributes to improved technique, prevents injury and enhances performance.
- Learn about BoxingYoga™ teaching methods, theory and philosophy.
- Learn how BoxingYoga™ distinguishes itself as an alternative form of yoga, and how it meets the needs of individual participants with or without boxing or yoga experience.
All enrollees also get immediate access to the private BoxingYoga™ Coaches Support Group on Facebook. Available throughout the course and beyond, it’s a brilliant way of getting help and advice from new and existing BoxingYoga™ Coaches.
Led by BoxingYoga™ Master Coach Martine Hamers, the course includes a total 32-hours of engaging and informative on-site training, spread over 4 days, to practice, teach and discuss in partner and group sessions.
- Master the structure, timing and function of each stage of the BoxingYoga™ class.
- Learn to cue and demonstrate physically and verbally.
- Develop the ability to teach a safe and effective BoxingYoga™ class with cautions and modifications.
- Instruct and motivate participants from different backgrounds.
- Cultivate good practice, maintain patience and a positive mental attitude.
- Learn about group dynamics and the most effective teaching strategy, from managing different learning styles to providing appropriate feedback and encouragement.
- Learn the principles of building a successful BoxingYoga™ business; from freelance to franchise.
There are no formal prerequisites to complete the BoxingYoga™ Teacher Training Course, however, we recommend the following:
- That you have some experience of attending or teaching yoga classes.
- That you have some boxing training experience.
- That you have a basic understanding of anatomy and physiology.
- That you have the time to practice BoxingYoga™ and review the manual and training materials prior to attending the first training day with us.
This course provides 32 Elective Contact Hours for YGSF 300 and/or 32 Yoga Alliance® CEUs. Click here to learn more about our 300 Hour Program.
YGSF Members receive 10% off, alumni receive 15% off the regular price.
Cancellations are accepted up to 14 days before the start of a training; if you cancel, the cost of the program will be refunded to you. If you withdraw from a program 13 days or fewer before the program start date, you will surrender your spot in the program and forfeit the entire program cost.
A minimum of 90% attendance is required for all multi-day programs, unless drop-in days are specifically offered in the program description. Students who register for or attend less than 90% of a program may not receive credit for the hours that they did attend and may not receive a certificate. In the event of any absence, missed hours must be made up to receive credit for the program.
ProElite Cancellations and Fees
ProElite students who withdraw from a program less than 14 days before the start will be charged a late cancellation fee of 50% of the full program cost, as per the ProElite contract. Pro-Elite students who register but do not attend a program will also be charged the late cancellation fee.