200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training – Oslo – 2020
June 1, 2020 - June 27, 2020
1-27 June, 2020
Saturday, 27 June (only) 12:00-17:00
This Yoga Teacher Training is for students who wish to learn more, grow, and deepen their practice. This training will be held in Oslo, Norway with Maria Fürst.
This program is designed to transform your life and support your personal growth. Physical practice, yogic philosophy, meditation and pranayama exercises, embodied anatomy, as well as the cultivation of leadership and teaching skills give you a strong foundation in yoga and create a pathway for a deeper yoga practice.
- Human anatomy, bio-mechanics, and structural alignment
- Daily practice, asana, pranayama, and meditation
- Philosophy and historical context of yoga evolution
- Sanskrit, Yoga Sutras, and basic chanting Prop use, modifications, and hands-on adjustments
- Business of yoga, different career paths and how to become a yoga professional
- Science and art of sequencing and cueing
- Real classroom experience, start teaching by day two!
Dates: Official dates are still being finalized, but this training will take place Summer 2020.
Maria Fürst is an independent yoga teacher (E-RYT500) who has been running her own studio in Oslo, Norway for 5 years. She still teaches all the 12 classes a week herself. Her style is mainly dynamic vinyasa, but she also offers restorative and hatha yoga. The former journalist took all her yoga education in California, mostly at The Yoga Garden San Francisco, where she first got her 200-hour certification after an immersion in May in 2014. Fürst has studied pre- and postnatal yoga with Marisa Toriggino, kids yoga with Jodi Komitor, restorative yoga with Cora Wen, yoga philosophy with Janet Stone, sequencing with Ella Cojocaru and hot yoga with LaMott Atkins. In 2017 her book YOGA – Your Path to Balance, Flow and Strength was published in Norway. Today, the 44-year old mother of 2 girls is also a PROAmbassador for the Norwegian sports brand Run&Relax, as well as an influencer with her own blog at www.mariafurstyoga.com.
NEED MORE DETAILS?
Fill out the form below.
To prepare you for this journey, here is your reading list. In addition to the books, you will need to have a computer, phone or tablet to access videos and class resources.
- The Path of Yoga: An Essential Guide to Its Principles and Practices * Read before program
- Author George Feuerstein, published by Shambala
- The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice,*Read before program
- Author TKV Desikachar
- Yoga Anatomy-2nd Edition, Second Edition, *Read chapters 1-5 before program
- Author Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Mathews
- The Yoga-Sutra of Patanjali: A New Translation with Commentary (Shambhala Classics)
- Translated by
Instructor(s) : Maria Fürst Yoga