300 Hour Core Philosophy – Spring Extended 2021
April 3, 2021 - June 6, 2021
with Karen Macklin & Alexandra Rossi
This training is an introduction to the history and philosophy of yoga and a dive into how to
theme your classes around ancient texts and concepts inspired by the Yoga Sutra of Patanjali,
the Bhagavad Gita, the Buddha’s dharma.The history of yoga, will be explored as well as the history of modern postural yoga.
In this training
- We will journal and then be given a chance to discuss our beliefs
- We will write themes and sequences infused by philosophy
- We will practice teaching philosophy
- The Bhagavad Gita by Eknath Easwaran
- The Yoga Sutra of Patanjali by Chip Hartranft
- Sat & Sun | Apr 3 – 4 | 10:00am-6:00pm
- Sat & Sun | May 8 – 9 | 10:00am – 6:00pm
- Sat & Sun | June 5 – 6 | 10:00am-6:00pm
- Roots of Yoga Mark Singleton
- Mindfulness Yoga Frank Boccio
- The Yoga Tradition Georg Feuerstein
- Living your yoga Judith Hanson Lasater PhD
- The great work of your life Stephen Cope
The approach and presentation of course content will vary depending on the instructor for each Core Module. YGSF allows for areas of emphasis to reflect the expertise and understanding of the lead instructor of each module.
Completion of this 50 hour module will apply to the 300 hours required by Yoga Alliance for your 300-hour Advanced certification; 50 CEUs. Core modules can be taken in any order. Students may re-take any of the Core Modules for full credit at a slightly reduced rate.
For more about our 300 Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training: YogaGardenSF.com/300-hour-yoga-teacher-training
Gain access to all YGSF programs, trainings and classes with our ProElite Membership!