A Balanced Heart: Creating a Sustainable Backbend Practice
December 12 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
This workshop, led by Daniela Rizza, RYT 500, is for anyone looking to refine their backbend practice. Whether you’re new to yoga or a seasoned practitioner, super stiff or ultra bendy (or anywhere in between), this workshop will offer you valuable skills to create sustainable backbends that feel good.
In this 2-hour class, you will work from the ground up, from foundational to more advanced postures, to deepen your understanding of backbends and learn what works best for your own body.
This workshop includes core strengthening to help support the low back, innovative ways to create space in the middle and upper spine, shoulder openers, and mobility work that teaches you how to use your entire body in each backbend in order to facilitate equanimous effort.
Schedule: Saturday, December 11th, 2021 2-4PM
Cost: $60, or $45 when you register on or before November 27th, 2021
Health & Safety Information (for In-Person Classes Only):
- Only students 18 and above can take class. Masks are required of all students and staff upon entrance and in common spaces such as lobby and hallways.
- This workshop is “vaccination required”. Upload proof of your vaccination to register.
- All students must bring their own mats. Props and disposable wipes will be provided.
- Do not come to class if you are experiencing COVID symptoms or have been in contact with someone with COVID.
- This workshop will be limited to 15 students and will also be available for livestream and replay.