A Day of Movement Medicine
January 4, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Saturday January 4th 12-4:30pm
Join Michelle for an afternoon of movement medicine by attending both her workshops.
“Movement Medicine: Primal Patterns”
Saturday, January 4th 12-2pm
Explore mindful movement through space, off the mat, and towards your primal instincts. In this all-levels workshop, students will explore movement patterns that are seldom found in ‘traditional’ yoga practice, yet are vital to moving well in the world. This workshop provides a bridge between classical yoga asana and functional movement patterns that cultivate confidence, strength, coordination, resilience & ease within a life that’s always in motion.
- primal movement patterns
- bodyweight training
- the treasures of ground & floor-based practice
- locomotion, transitions through levels (supine -> sitting -> 4s -> feet -> hands + dynamic balance)
- tensional integrity or floating compression
- mobility vs flexibility
- essential elements of coordination & adaptability
- – variation in human form
- – joint centration (alignment) & safety
- – sustainability of movement practices
- – a look into modern movement science
- – the magic of interoception (internal, embodied awareness)
- – the power of free-form movement
This course provides 4 Elective Contact Hours for YGSF’s 300 Hour Program [4 Yoga Alliance® CEUs].
YGSF Members receive 10% off the regular price of this workshop. Alumni receive 15% off the regular price of this workshop.