- This event has passed.
Core Energetics: August 2017 Full Time
August 8 - August 13
Core Energetics: Prana Vayus, Doshas, Gunas
At its heart, yoga is a process of transformation. But for transformation to occur, we need to develop a deep understanding of who we are on every level, and which tools and practices will help us evolve.
In this course, you will:
- Examine yourself from a physical, mental, and energetic perspective, and learn the upaya (effective means) to move toward higher levels of health and conscious awareness.
- Immerse in daily asana, pranayama and meditation
- Experience the transformational power of the practices of yoga
- Dissect the energetics of asana and learn how to combine the appropriate pranayama and meditation techniques in order to create specific physical and energetic results
- Deepen your understanding of the Prana Vayus, Gunas, and Doshas
- Learn about Tantric Philosophy and its role in Hatha Yoga history and practice.
- Leave equipped with a variety of tools to realize your full potential as a yoga practitioner and teacher
**Note: The approach and presentation of course content will vary depending on the instructor for each Core Module. YGSF allows for areas of emphasis to reflect the expertise and understanding of the lead instructor of each module.
Tuition is $1095, or $945 when you enroll with your $250 deposit on or before 7/15.
Completion of this 50 hour module will apply to the 300 hours required by Yoga Alliance for your 300-hour Advanced certification; 50 CEUs. Core modules can be taken in any order. Students may re-take any of the Core Modules for full credit at a slightly reduced rate.
6-Day Immersion: August 8-13, 2017
Tues-Fri: 9:00 am–6:00 pm
Sat & Sun: 12:00 pm–6:00 pm
Yoga and Ayurveda by David Frawley
Sonya Genel, ERYT500, joyfully embraces the power of yoga not only to heal and transform the body but also to heighten human consciousness and to create a radiant life. In her classes, Sonya weaves precise anatomical alignment with flowing movement. Always approaching her students with authenticity and humor, Sonya’s intention is to hold space for a direct embodied connection with Spirit. When she is not teaching yoga, Sonya can often be found drawing or painting. As an artist, she notices the profound effects yoga has on her creativity, and she has dedicated herself to enthusiastically guiding others toward enhancing their own unique life path through yoga.
When Sonya first discovered yoga in the 1990’s in Boston, she began with Ashtanga yoga and power vinyasa, but as her practice evolved she gravitated more towards alignment based styles such as Anusara and Iyengar. She attended her first teacher training at the Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health. Over the years she has completed hundreds of hours of training in alignment based yoga, prenatal yoga, anatomy, therapeutics, mysticism, tantra, and meditation. Sonya is grateful to have had the opportunity to study deeply with Sianna Sherman and many other incredible teachers.
She is a graduate of Yoga Garden’s Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training with Marisa Toriggino, and 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training with Jean Mazzei.Practice with Sonya at home! Classes available at udaya.com and yogavibes.com Find Sonya online!web: www.sonyayoga.com Instagram / twitter: @SonyaYogafacebook: fb.com/SonyaGenelYoga