Are you ready to explore the mysteries of the breath? Pranayama, the 4th limb of yoga, is an ancient, transformative practice that dates back thousands of years and is still a cornerstone of yoga practice today. Pranayama is an incredible gift: It teaches us how to calm the mind, reduce stress and anxiety, and go deeper in our practice.
In this invigorating weekend workshop, led by Meera Dhawan, you’ll be immersed in these ancient teachings and learn, through discussion and practice, where pranayama came from, how it relates to asana (the postures), and how to practice it with skill and intention. This deep dive will include learning the prerequisites for breath practice, how the nadis (energy channels) relate to the breath, and which practices are best for different people.
You will come away with an understanding of:
· Vedic history and wisdom teachings of pranayama
· The relationship between pranayama, the nervous system, and the mind
· How to practice specific techniques like Sama Vritti and Nadi Shodhana
· The practice of vitalizing and calming breath techniques (to wake up and slow down!)
· Tips for teaching pranayama safety in studio classes (for yoga teachers)
All levels of experience are welcome to join us as we find freedom through the breath! If possible, please do some light physical movement before class and avoid eating a heavy meal 2-3 hours before. Please bring a yoga mat and a notebook or something to write with.
Saturday, January 28th, 2023 | 2pm-5pm
Sunday, January 29th, 2023 | 2pm-5pm
*In person only at Yoga Garden Inner Sunset studio*
$200 or $160 on or before January 14th, 2023, or:
- Gain unlimited access to all Yoga Garden SF teacher trainings, workshops, and classes with the ProElite Membership!
- Yoga Garden SF Members receive 10% off and Alumni 15 % off of the full price.
- BIPOC & people of non-dominant identities –> Apply for a full-tuition scholarship for this training here.
This course provides 6 Elective Contact Hours for YGSF’s 300 Hour Program [6 Yoga Alliance® CEUs].
For more about our 300 Hour Teacher Training CLICK HERE!