- This event has passed.
Garden Teens® Yoga Teacher Training with Alexandra Rossi
April 26 - April 30
RCYT Yoga Alliance® Registered in conjunction with Garden Teens Program
Lighting the torch of mindfulness in the hearts of youth through yoga and meditation is one of the most powerful and empowering ways to shape our world. Yoga Garden Teens® is a unique, mindfulness-based program that will prepare you to teach yoga to youth and covers in-depth topics such as working with trauma, and at-risk teens.
Yoga Garden Teens® is for parents, yoga teachers, school teachers, educators or those working with teens 12-18 years old.
-Explore physical, emotional, and social challenges experienced by teens today.
-Acquire tools to help teens deepen self-awareness and well-being through yoga and mindfulness.
-Learn a personal meditation practice while in training to develop the ability to authentically share mindfulness with youth.
Yoga Garden Teens® is built on the science based research that teens brains are developing cognitive processing functions such as reasoning, planning, judgement and self-regulation. By sharing the tools that mindfulness and yoga give us, teens will learn how to relax, practice self awareness, steady their minds and gain more stability and emotional regulation. The program focuses on deepening a personal mindfulness practice, and utilizing a physical practice as an outlet for stress. There is an emphasis on the neuroscience of the adolescent brain.
This curriculum is based on developing and practicing mindfulness and meditation. Students will embody these teachings through practice during this extensive training. Students will be introduced to research based neuroscience and physiological development of the adolescent body and brain. Students will explore real classroom experiences and learn how to respond.
- A comprehensive study of teen brain and emotional development.
- Non-violent communication skills
- How words and tones influences relationships
- Yoga poses and modifications
- Mindfulness, exercises and activities
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Class observation and teaching practicums
- Acro Yoga and partner yoga exercises
- In-depth understanding of trauma and ways to practice yoga with at-risk youth
- Tools for reducing anxiety, developing empathy and self confidence
- Tools in resourcing, creating, and sustaining a full time yoga teaching career
- Wednesday-Friday April 26-28, 2017 9:00AM-6:00PM
- Saturday & Sunday April 29-30, 2017 12:30PM-7:30PM
Students will be prepared to teach adolescents yoga and mindfulness in :
- Summer camps
- Internship through Boys and Girls Club
- Yoga or fitness studios
- Private Institutions
This course provides 40 elective contact hours for YGSF 300-Hour and/or 40 Yoga Alliance® CEUs toward an RCYT certification in conjunction with Garden Teens Program.
For more about our 300-Hour Teacher Training Program visit http://www.yogagardensf.com/yoga-teacher-training/300-hour-teacher-training/.
For more about our Garden Teens Teacher Training, visit our website.
Tuition is $890 or $790 when enrolled with $250 deposit on or before April 5th.
YGSF Members receive 10% off the regular price of this elective. Alumni receive 15% off the regular price of this elective.