Garden Teens Teacher Training
April 21, 2020 - April 25, 2020
Garden Teens® Teacher Training
Lighting the torch of mindfulness in the hearts of youth through yoga and meditation is one of the most powerful and empowering ways to shape our world.
Yoga Garden Teens® is for parents, yoga teachers, school teachers, educators or those working with youth 12 to 18 years old. Participants acquire the tools to help teens deepen self-awareness and well-being through yoga and mindfulness. Participants explore a personal meditation practice while in training to develop the ability to authentically share mindfulness with youth. Yoga Garden Teens® is a unique program that will prepare you to teach yoga to youth and will cover topics such as working with trauma, at-risk youth and teen pregnancy.
Yoga Garden Teens® was built on the philosophy that teenagers learn best when offered a safe space to speak their truth and find their quiet center in both body and mind. The program focuses on deepening a personal mindfulness practice, bringing yoga to teens in their own words and understanding the neuroscience of adolescent development. This training prepares students to become youth yoga teachers by giving them the tools to understand teens, to communicate with them, to craft unique mindfulness exercises and safe yoga sequences and to launch a sustainable career.
• Stages of mental and emotional development throughout adolescence
• Peaceful communication skills Dealing with peer pressure
• Yoga poses and modifications
• Mindfulness practice and activities
• Anatomy and physiology
• Class observation and teaching practicums
• Acro Yoga, chair yoga and partner yoga exercises
• In-depth understanding of trauma and ways to practice yoga with at-risk youth
• Tools for reducing anxiety, developing empathy and self confidence
• Tools in resourcing, creating, and sustaining a full time yoga teaching career
Tues. – Fri. | April 21 – 24 | 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sat. | April 25 | 12:30 pm – 7:30 pm
This course provides 40 Elective Contact Hours for our YGSF 300 Hour Program (40 Yoga Alliance® CEUs).
For more about our 300 Hour Teacher Training CLICK HERE.
Tuition is $890, or $790 if enrolled on or before 4/7/20.
YGSF Members receive 10% off the regular price of this elective. TT alumni receive 15% off.