Grasp at the Root: Uprooting White Supremacy from Spaces of Healing
November 20, 2020 - November 22, 2020
Relationship is the foundation of our practice. To build mutually beneficial healing spaces, trust must be cultivated in our communities. Created and led by Black queer facilitators, this 3-day training is designed to cultivate empathy as the ground from which we can collectively rise towards equity. Ending cycles of harm on a personal, collective, and systemic level requires us all to release the ties that we have to white supremacy, capitalism and hetero-patriarchy.
Through the science of yoga, evidence-based somatic practice, sociopolitical education, energetic healing and more, we commit to unlearning the perceptions that lie at the root of our most harmful actions. In this work we ask: How do you uphold white-supremacy in your daily life? How do you respond to situations of injustice? Who do you prioritize? What steps can you take to make spaces of healing more accessible?
These questions are deeply personal, as a way to uncover internalized political and social systems that keep us alienated from one another. Together we aim to upend these systems to create a better world for us all. Our work centers the experiences of Black and Indigenous people, people of color, disabled, queer and trans people.
This training is open to healers of all identities and backgrounds.
This training is intended for:
- Yoga instructors, practitioners, & studio owners
- Therapists, social workers, & trauma healing practitioners
- Movement teachers (dance, fitness, self-defense)
- Healthcare practitioners & clinicians
- Intentional communities seeking shared language
There will be a variety of offerings in this training, including:
- Socio Political education
- Exploration of social justice’s roots in yoga philosophy
- Accessibility and nonviolent communication practices
- Intuitive energy healing
- Building of energetic boundaries
- Somatic tools for grounding & self-awareness
- Tools for self-care and community-care
- History & Philosophy of Ayurveda
- Mind-Body Constitutions & Balanced vs Imbalanced States
- Digestion: The Gatekeeper of Health
- The Ayurvedic Clock Circadian Rhythm & Seasonal Cycles
- The 6 Tastes
- Healing Herbs & Dosha-Balancing
- The Mind & Subtle Energy of Chakras
- Mantra, Gems, Aromatherapy
- Dinacharya—Self-Care & Routines for Health and Wellbeing
Friday | Nov. 20 | 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Saturday | Nov. 21 | 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Sunday | Nov. 22 | 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Sign up before 11/1/2020 to receive $40 off.
This course provides 12 Elective Contact Hours for YGSF’s 300 Hour Program [12 Yoga Alliance® CEUs]
For more about our 300 Hour Teacher Training CLICK HERE.