with Michelle Nayeli Bouvier (E-RYT 500, C-IATY)
Vinyāsa yoga is one of the most popular styles of yoga today. Vinyāsa practice is centered around the sun salutation—surya namaskar—which has roots in the yoga rituals of the Tantrik tradition. In this workshop, Michelle Nayeli Bouvier (E-RYT 500, C-IATY) takes you on a journey to explore the roots and origins of surya namaskar, as well as chandra namaskar (the moon salutation) and other namaskar variations.
You will learn the historical context of these practices, explore direct translations from source texts, and experience the flow of the different practices in our bodies.
You’ll also learn:
· The historical origins of namaskar in Tantrik daily ritual
· The roots of namaskar in pranam practice, and the importance of bhāvana and rasa
· The roots of namaskar in mantra ucchara practice
· 4 versions of Classical Surya Namaskar
· 2 rhythmic namaskar variations (from Prāna Vinyāsa™ mandala of practice)
· Ways to personalize your own practice using this knowledge
Sunday, July 10th, 2022 1-4PM.
$75, or $60 when you register on or before June 26th, 2022. Get unlimited access to all YGSF workshops, teacher trainings, and classes with the ProElite Membership!
Yoga Garden SF Members receive 10% off and Alumni 15 % off of the full price.
This course provides 3 Elective Contact Hours for YGSF’s 300 Hour Program [3 Yoga Alliance® CEUs].