GARDEN KIDS® TEACHER TRAINING SUMMER 2019
June 21, 2019 - June 25, 2019
Yoga Garden Kids® is for parents, yoga teachers, school teachers, educators or those working with children 4 to 12 years old.
Participants acquire the tools to help children deepen self-awareness and well-being through yoga and mindfulness. Participants explore a personal meditation practice while in training to develop the ability to authentically share both yoga and mindfulness with youth. Yoga Garden Kids® is a unique, mindfulness-based program that will prepare you to teach yoga to youth and will cover topics such as working with children with ADD and ADHD.
Yoga Garden Kids® was built on the philosophy that children learn best when playing. The program focuses on deepening a personal mindfulness practice, bringing yoga to children in their own words and understanding the neuroscience of child development. This training prepares students to become kids yoga teachers by giving them the tools to understand children, to communicate with them, to craft unique mindfulness exercises and safe yoga sequences and to launch a sustainable career.
- Stages of mental and emotional development throughout childhood
- Communication skills to interact with parents, schools and developmental specialists
- Yoga poses for children in their own words
- Basics of mindfulness, exercises and games
- Teaching skills for a young audience
- Pediatric anatomy
- Class observation and teaching practicums
- Mon, Tues, Fri : 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Sat & Sun : 12:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Tuition: $990, or $890 if enrolled on or before 6/7/19
This course provides 45 Elective Contact Hours for our YGSF 300 Hour Program (45 Yoga Alliance® CEUs). Learn more about our 300 Hour Teacher Training
YGSF Members receive 10% off the regular price of this elective. TT alumni receive 15% off.