This workshop–designed and taught by Heather Hughes, a certified Birth Doula, Massage Therapist, and Childbirth Educator–will help you and your support person prepare for the many stages of labor. Heather will walk you through the evolution of labor, and explore with you how it can look and feel physically, emotionally, and, spiritually.
* how to create balance in your body for an easier birth
* practices to help your baby get into the most optimal position before and during labor
* the many labor positions and comfort measure tools you can utilize during early labor, active labor, and transition
* tools for birth partners to feel more involved, grounded, and confident in their role
* extra support for those going through the birthing process on their own
* breathing techniques and exercises that will help you navigate intense sensations, allowing you to find your breath rhythm that helps the body soften and the baby to rotate down and into the pelvis
Questions of all kinds are welcome, and a safe space will be created for all! Heather has been teaching these courses for 6 years and has supported over 150 families in the birthing process.
Saturday November 20th & Sunday November 21st
Per couple: $300 or $250 when you register on or before November 7th, 2021
Per individual: $150 or $125 when you register on or before November 7th, 2021Health & Safety Information (for In-Person Registrations Only):
- Masks are required of all students and staff upon entrance and in common spaces such as lobby and hallways.
- This workshop is “vaccination required”. Upload proof of your vaccination to register. Masks are required as per local mandates. Masks with valves are not accepted.
- Do not come to class if you are experiencing COVID symptoms or have been in contact with someone with COVID.
- This workshop will be limited to 16 people.
Yoga Garden SF Members receive 10% off and Alumni 15 % off of the full price.