- This event has passed.
300-Hour Core Philosophy (Part-Time) – Summer 2019
July 13, 2019 - September 15, 2019
Bhagavad Gita, Non-Dualism, Cidananda – the Bliss of Awareness through Discovery, Creation and Co-Creation
This 300-Hour Core Philosophy module will focus on the Bhagavad Gita, the best known of all the philosophical texts from the Indian Subcontinent and a timeless and relevant read for Yogis past and present. We will experience how placing yogic ideas into socio-cultural context can create clarity and reduce the dogma surrounding them.
In this training, you will learn to trust your Heart-Mind as your understanding of yogic texts – as well as their artistic and scholarly interpretations – deepens. You will be encouraged to form your own opinion to add authenticity to your practice and teaching. Take the philosopher’s seat and join the discussion!
- Call it Enlightenment, Liberation, Awakening: Cidananda – the ‘two’ main purposes for practicing Yoga Dive into the Bhagavad Gita and co-create meaning for the present moment
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: seeking relevance within the contemporary Yoga field Thoughts from Saiva Tantra to fuel contemplation and inspire meaningful sequencing for your Yoga classes
- The ‘Realities’ Tattvas of Tantric Cosmology Theming Techniques helping you to attain an authentic Heart-Minded voice and teaching style
- The importance of contemplation and expression of thought for self study
- Honoring the divine self as an embodiment of the ‘Light of Consciousness’
- The Yogic Mind and the search for scientific evidence Sadhana: deepen your personal practice of Asana
- Meditation Field Trip to the Asian Art Museum SF (additional $15 entrance fee will be collected the day of the trip. Senior/Military/group discounts apply)
Note: The approach and presentation of course content will vary depending on the instructor for each Core Module. YGSF allows for areas of emphasis to reflect the expertise and understanding of the lead instructor of each module.
Completion of this 50 hour module will apply to the 300 hours required by Yoga Alliance for your 300-hour Advanced certification; 50 CEUs. Core modules can be taken in any order. Students may re-take any of the Core Modules for full credit at a slightly reduced rate.
Schedule (Weekends only) Saturdays & Sundays: 12:30PM – 8:30PM
- July 13-14, 2019
- August 10-11, 2019
- Sept. 14-15, 2019
Learn more about our 300 Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training.
Tuition is $1095, or $945 if you enroll with a $250 deposit on or before 6/29.
Required Reading / Media:
Bhagavad Gita: A New Translation by Stephen Mitchell, Harmony Books, 2000 (Paperback or digital) or Audio Book (Audible, Amazon, iTunes etc.)
The Bhagavad Gita: A New Translation by Georg Feuerstein, Brenda Feuerstein, Shambhala Publications, 2011 (Paperback)
Yoga Sutra of Patanjali – Chanting with Manorama by Manorama (Audio can be found on Spotify, iTunes, Amazon, CD etc.)
Feel free to bring your favorite translation of the Bhagavad Gita and / or Yoga Sutras if you have any (it is not required to have completed reading these texts before starting the training)
Tantra Illuminated by Christopher D. Wallis, Mattamayura Press, 2013 (paperback or digital iBooks/Kindle)
The Secret Power Of Yoga by Nischala Joy Devi (Interpretation of the Yoga Sutras)
Tantric Song: Tantric Painting from Rajasthan by Franck André Jamme, Siglio, 2011 (Visual Art)
The Legend of Bagger Vance, movie directed by Robert Redford, 2000 (pop cultural take on the Bhagavad Gita)
Gain access to all YGSF programs, trainings and classes with our ProElite Membership!