- This event has passed.
300-HR CORE PHILOSOPHY AUGUST 2019 FULL-TIME
August 13, 2019 - August 18, 2019
This training is an introduction to the history and philosophy of yoga and a dive into how to theme your classes around ancient texts and concepts inspired by the Yoga Sutra of Patanjali, the Bhagavad Gita, the Buddha’s dharma. The history of yoga, will be explored as well as the history of modern postural yoga.
We will journal and then be given a chance to discuss our beliefs. We will write themes and sequences infused by philosophy. We will practice teaching philosophy
Prerequisite reading: “The Bhagavad Gita” by Eknath Easwaran , “The Yoga Sutra of Patanjali” by Chip Hartranft
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday from 9:00 – 6:00
Saturday, Sunday from 12:00 – 6:00
- History of yoga
- From ancient time to modern western culture
- The early history of yoga
- Yoga in the modern world
- The birth of modern postural yoga
- Understanding the yoga Sutra of Patanjali for the 21 century
- Exploration of the common roots between the Yoga Sutra of Patanjali with the Buddha Dharma
- Yoga sutra of Patanjali
- The Buddha Dharma
- How do they compare
- How do they differ
- Exploring The Bhagavad Gita message and its application in today Yoga class
- A path to liberation
- Cleansing of the mind
- Applying the Core Buddhist teachings to teaching Asana Practices
- The Three Universal Truths
- The Four Noble Truths
- The Noble Eightfold Path
- Exploration of Tantra and Hatha Yoga philosophies
- Subtle body overview:
- Bhakti yoga:
◦ Metta Sutta
- “Roots of Yoga” by Mark Singleton
- “Mindfulness Yoga” by Frank Boccio
- “The Yoga Tradition” by Georg Feuerstein
- “Living your yoga” by Judith Hanson Lasater phd
- “The great work of your life” by Stephen Cope
Note: The approach and presentation of course content will vary depending on the instructor for each Core Module. YGSF allows for areas of emphasis to reflect the expertise and understanding of the lead instructor of each module.
Completion of this 50 hour module will apply to the 300 hours required by Yoga Alliance for your 300-hour Advanced certification; 50 CEUs. Core modules can be taken in any order. Students may re-take any of the Core Modules for full credit at a slightly reduced rate.
For more about our 300 Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training.
Tuition is $1095, or $945 if you enroll with a $250 deposit on or before 7/30.
Gain access to all YGSF programs, trainings and classes with our ProElite Membership!