Postnatal Teacher Training
April 13, 2019 - April 17, 2019
In the YGSF Postnatal Teacher Training, you will learn how to be a resource to your students as they transition into motherhood. Many new mothers turn to yoga as a powerful foundation for optimizing their health and the health of their baby.
They rely on knowledgeable teachers to inform their practice and support them through this period of growth. This course focuses on yoga asana and pranayama from birth through the first year.
In this training, you will:
- Learn which yoga postures are appropriate for postpartum care, including special modifications
- Recognize the common discomforts experienced by many after giving birth and discover how postures and sequences can be a source of support
- Understand the physiological, emotional, and social considerations of the postpartum period and parenting
- Improve postpartum recovery and help students bring mindfulness to parenting
- Learn how to create a richly supportive environment for mothers, babies, and families
Focus areas include:
- Restoring and strengthening the pelvic floor, abdominals, and deep hip muscles
- Building better posture by strengthening the back, neck and shoulder muscles
- Asana and pranayama to promote deep relaxation
- Recovery after Cesarian birth Diastasis Recti
- Breast feeding
- Belly binding
- Running and other forms of exercise
- Conscious pregnancy into conscious parenting
This course provides 30 Elective Contact Hours for the YGSF 300 Hour Program (30 Yoga Alliance® CEUs).
Tuition is $660 or $590 if you enroll on or before 3/30/19.
YGSF Members receive 10% off the regular price of this course. Alumni receive 15% off the regular price of this course.