- This event has passed.
Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training March 2017
March 3 - March 12
With Marisa Toriggino
Yoga Garden SF (YGSF) is an international center for prenatal yoga teacher training, with graduates successfully teaching throughout the world. Graduates are eligible to be a Yoga Alliance® Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher RPYT.
At Yoga Garden San Francisco, you will learn to successfully teach yoga to pregnant and postpartum women.
- Learn which yoga postures are appropriate for pregnancy and postpartum care, including any special modifications.
- Understand the physiological, emotional, and social considerations of childbearing and parenting.
- Recognize the common discomforts of pregnancy and the postpartum period, and discover how postures and sequences can support women through this process.
- Receive hands-on training and feedback in practice classroom settings.
- Experience giving support to mothers, assisting mother-infant bonding and fostering community among new mothers and parents.
This 85-hour course provides 75 Elective Contact Hours for YGSF 300 and/or 75 Yoga Alliance® CEUs.
Marisa Toriggino E-RYT & PRYT, a leader in prenatal yoga education for over 13 years, has been instrumental in designing curriculum for teachers of prenatal yoga worldwide. She combines powerful techniques from diverse lineages into a sound yoga practice that supports a healthier pregnancy and better birth outcome for future mothers.
Since 1987, Marisa has studied Iyengar, Kundalini, Ananda, vinyasa and Ashtanga yoga. She has traveled to India on three occasions. Marisa brings this broad experience to her prenatal classes, applying a rigorous physical awareness to her teaching that leads to a deeply inward understanding of the spiritual essence of humanity and motherhood.
Marisa has a BA from UC Berkeley. She is certificated by the Rudolf Steiner College in Administration of Spiritually-based Organizations. As a lecturer, she advocates the promotion of yoga for pregnancy and motherhood, and conscious birth and parenting practices. Since 2004, she has been a partner and owner of Yoga Garden SF, which offers full time teacher training programs, yoga classes and prenatal and early parenting yoga programs. She lives in Marin County with her two children.
Read her feature Teacher HERE