Restorative Yoga Teacher Training with Darren Main
Restorative yoga is a gentle practice designed to create deep relaxation and calm the nervous system, supporting overall health in the body. This form of yoga is a regenerative healing tool that reduces stress through the use of supported yoga postures combined with breathing and meditation techniques.
During this 30-hour Restorative Yoga Teacher Training, you will learn why restorative yoga is such an essential part of a complete yoga practice, and how to teach a great class to a wide variety of students with skillful instruction. Through direct experience, practice teaching, and feedback, you will come away from this training with an understanding of how to:
- Teach, sequence, and theme a complete class
- Incorporate pranayama & mindfulness techniques
- Offer assists, use props, and offer modifications
- Build your voice and presence in the classroom
- Offer prenatal and postnatal modifications
- Teach in a way that supports pain management
- Incorporate music & aromatherapy into your classes
- Grow your restorative yoga classes and business
• Relax and Renew by Judith Hanson Lasater
• Articles that will be distributed before or during class
Required At-Home Props*
As this is a hybrid training, you will need some props for your online sessions, and for practice use between modules. Here is what is needed:
2 yoga blocks
1 yoga strap
1 yoga bolster
2 yoga blankets
1 eye pillow
Recommended (but Optional) Additional Props
2 yoga sandbags
1-2 additional bolsters
*If the cost is prohibitive for any of the required props, please reach out to the teacher before the training to see what might make good substitutes. It’s always helpful to have extra towels, blankets, and pillows on hand.
During and after the training, you will be invited to take part in a Facebook group to support your learning and connection with the community.
Friday, February 17, 2023, 5:30-8:30pm (via Zoom)
Sat-Sun, February 18-19, 2023, 12-6pm (in person at Yoga Garden SF NOPA)
Friday, March 3, 2023, 5:30-8:30pm (via Zoom)
Sat-Sun, March 4-5, 2023, 12-6pm (in person at Yoga Garden SF NOPA)
$700 or $600 on or before February 3rd, 2023, or:
- Gain unlimited access to all Yoga Garden SF teacher trainings, workshops, and classes with the ProElite Membership!
- Yoga Garden SF Members receive 10% off and Alumni 15 % off of the full price.
This course provides 30 Elective Contact Hours for YGSF’s 300 Hour Program [30 Yoga Alliance® CEUs].
For more about our 300 Hour Teacher Training CLICK HERE!