Are you ready for summer? Ayurveda can help you feel your best throughout the season!
Ayurveda, translated from Sanskrit, means the “science of life.” It is the world’s oldest form of medicine dating back to India 5,000 years ago, and is still practiced today, in India and around the world. Ayurveda helps us maintain our state of physical, mental, and emotional balance throughout the year by living in harmony with the cycles of nature. This is done through mindfully adjusting our lifestyle, diet, and daily habits to welcome the arrival of each new season with ease and peace.
In this workshop with Dr. Zohreh Sadeghi, Doctor of Ayurvedic Medicine and RYT 200, you will be guided on the journey from Spring to Summer! In this workshop, you will:
- Gain a better understanding of summer, through an ayurvedic lens, exploring how the longer days lead to more fire (pitta) in nature and in your body.
- Learn the right types of exercise to do during this time of year.
- Understand how to stay healthy and prevent illness during the summer.
- Learn how and why to incorporate cooling foods and smaller meals into your diet during this season.
This is part of a series of four workshops that are offered at the transitions between the seasons. Each workshop will provide dietary and self-care practices that will best support you to optimize your health and well-being, and to maintain balance within your body and mind. You may register for all four annual workshops at once for a discounted rate, or for only one at a time. Seasonal recipes are included!
Schedule: Sunday June 12th, 2-4pm via Zoom
- Single day pass: $60, or $45 when you register on or before May 29th, 2022.
- All inclusive 4 day pass: $160
Gain unlimited access to all Yoga Garden SF teacher trainings, workshops, and classes with the ProElite Membership! Yoga Garden SF Members receive 10% off and Alumni 15 % off of the full price.
This course provides 2 Elective Contact Hours for YGSF’s 300 Hour Program [2 Yoga Alliance® CEUs].
For more about our 300 Hour Teacher Training CLICK HERE!