The Healing Power of Ayurveda
June 18, 2021 - June 27, 2021
Join Sachi Doctor for an in-depth immersion into Ayurveda, the sister science of yoga. Learn how to use this holistic health system as a handbook for navigating the ebb & flow of your individual mind-body health and wellbeing. Translating to the “science of life” or “knowledge of longevity”, this approach emphasizes alignment with the universe—with nature’s cyclical rhythms—in order to enjoy optimal health. Thus, understanding its tenants and applications to day-to-day life, not only heightens connection to self and other aspects of life; it simultaneously provides tools to bring this 5,000 year old technology to friends, family, and students, alike.
Though not limited to yoga students and teachers, this course will address how to bring these ancient teachings into a modern yoga practice including: customizing yoga classes to best suit your mind-body type, teaching seasonal flows, and designing classes for time of day.
Topics of study:
- History & Philosophy of Ayurveda
- Mind-Body Constitutions & Balanced vs Imbalanced States
- Digestion: The Gatekeeper of Health
- The Ayurvedic Clock Circadian Rhythm & Seasonal Cycles
- The 6 Tastes
- Healing Herbs & Dosha-Balancing
- The Mind & Subtle Energy of Chakras
- Mantra, Gems, Aromatherapy
- Dinacharya—Self-Care & Routines for Health and Wellbeing
YGSF Members receive 10% off the regular price of this workshop. Alumni receive 15% off the regular price of this workshop.
This course provides 32 Elective Contact Hours for YGSF’s 300 Hour Program [32 Yoga Alliance® CEUs]
For more about our 300 Hour Teacher Training CLICK HERE.