June 11, 2019 - June 16, 2019
The Trauma-Informed Immersion is a comprehensive 50-Hour certificate program that encompasses tools and modifications for healing and empowerment through the practice of yoga.
This training is ideal for yoga teachers, social workers, healers, coaches, and those working with communities and settings where trauma is present (i.e. yoga classes, juvenile detention centers, prisons, women’s shelters, and more).
Topics will include:
- Professional ethics and boundaries
- Symptoms of trauma
- How to craft classes that are safer and more welcoming for everyone
- The nervous system’s response stress, danger, anxiety and overwhelm
- Polyvagal Theory and trauma-resolution modality Organic Intelligence
- Yoga and meditation practices that can support healing and resilience
- Trauma sensitive verbal instructions, touch and social dynamics
This in-depth training will incorporate theory, discussion, meditations, conversational exercises and gentle asana appropriate for all bodies.
This course provides 50 Elective Contact Hours in YGSF’s 300-hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training [50 Yoga Alliance® CEUs].
For more about our 300 Hour Teacher Training CLICK HERE.
Tuition is $1,000, or $915 if you enroll on or before 5/28/19 YGSF
Members receive 10% off the regular price of this workshop. Alumni receive 15% off the regular price of this workshop.