Trauma-Informed Teacher Training (Immersion)
June 9, 2020 - June 14, 2020
The Trauma-Informed Immersion is a comprehensive 50-Hour certificate program that encompasses tools and modifications for healing and empowerment through the practice of yoga.
This training is ideal for yoga teachers, social workers, healers, coaches, and those working with communities and settings where trauma is present (i.e. yoga classes, juvenile detention centers, prisons, women’s shelters, and more).
Topics will include:
• Professional ethics and boundaries
• Symptoms of trauma
• How to craft classes that are safer and more welcoming for everyone
• The nervous system’s response stress, danger, anxiety and overwhelm
• Yoga and meditation practices that can support healing and resilience
• Trauma sensitive verbal instructions, touch and social dynamics
Tues. – Fri. | June 9 – 12 | 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Sat. & Sun. | June 13 – 14 | 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
This in-depth training will incorporate theory, discussion, meditations, conversational exercises and gentle asana appropriate for all bodies.
This course provides 50 Elective Contact Hours in YGSF’s 300-hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training [50 Yoga Alliance® CEUs].
YGSF Members receive 10% off the regular price of this workshop. Alumni receive 15% off the regular price of this workshop.