300 Hour Core Philosophy Extended – January 2020
January 11, 2020 - March 29, 2020
This training is an introduction to the history and philosophy of yoga and a dive into how to theme your classes around ancient texts and concepts inspired by the Yoga Sutra of Patanjali, the Bhagavad Gita, the Buddha’s dharma.The history of yoga, will be explored as well as the history of modern postural yoga.
We will journal and then be given a chance to discuss our beliefs.
We will write themes and sequences infused by philosophy.
We will practice teaching philosophy.
Sun. | March 29 | 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- The Bhagavad Gita by Eknath Easwaran
- The Yoga Sutra of Patanjali by Chip Hartranft
- From ancient time to modern western culture
- The early history of yoga
- Yoga in the modern world
- The birth of modern postural yoga
- Understanding the Yoga Sutra of Patanjali for the 21 century
- Exploration of the common roots between the Yoga Sutra of Patanjali with the Buddha
- Yoga Sutra of Patanjali
- The Buddha Dharma
- How do they compare
- How do they differ
- Exploring The Bhagavad Gita message and its application in today Yoga class
- A path to liberation
- Cleansing of the mind
- Applying the Core Buddhist teachings to teaching Asana Practices
- The Three Universal Truths
- The Four Noble Truths
- The Noble Eightfold Path
- Exploration of Tantra and Hatha Yoga philosophies
- Subtle body overview
- Bhakti yoga
- Metta Sutta