YGSF300 Core Philosophy January Part-time
January 11, 2020 - March 29, 2020
Bhagavad Gita, Non-Dualism, Cidananda – the Bliss of Awareness through Discovery, Creation and Co-Creation
This module will focus on the Bhagavad Gita, the best known of all the philosophical texts from the Indian Subcontinent and a timeless and relevant read for Yogis past and present. We will experience how placing yogic ideas into socio-cultural context can create clarity and reduce the dogma surrounding them.
In this training, you will learn to trust your Heart-Mind as your understanding of yogic texts – as well as their artistic and scholarly interpretations – deepens. You will be encouraged to form your own opinion to add authenticity to your practice and teaching. Take the philosopher’s seat and join the discussion!
• Call it Enlightenment, Liberation, Awakening: Cidananda – the ‘two’ main purposes for practicing Yoga Dive into the Bhagavad Gita
and co-create meaning for the present moment
• The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: seeking relevance within the contemporary Yoga field Thoughts from Saiva Tantra to fuel contemplation
and inspire meaningful sequencing for your Yoga classes
• The ‘Realities’ Tattvas of Tantric Cosmology Theming Techniques helping you to attain an authentic Heart-Minded voice and teaching style
• The importance of contemplation and expression of thought for self study
• Honoring the divine self as an embodiment of the ‘Light of Consciousness’
• The Yogic Mind and the search for scientific evidence Sadhana: deepen your personal practice of Asana
• Meditation Field Trip to the Asian Art Museum SF (additional $15 entrance fee will be collected the day of the trip. Senior/Military/group discounts apply)
Sat. & Sun. | Jan. 11-12 | 12:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Sat. & Sun. | Feb. 15-16 | 12:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Sat. | March 28 | 12:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Sun. | March 29 | 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Note: The approach and presentation of course content will vary depending on the instructor for each Core Module. YGSF allows for areas of emphasis to reflect the expertise and understanding of the lead instructor of each module.
Completion of this 50 hour module will apply to the 300 hours required by Yoga Alliance for your 300-hour Advanced certification; 50 CEUs. Core modules can be taken in any order. Students may re-take any of the Core Modules for full credit at a slightly reduced rate.
Gain access to all YGSF programs, trainings and classes with our ProElite Membership!