- This event has passed.
LIVESTREAM Yoga Movement Medicine: Resilience & Sustainability
April 14, 2020 - April 15, 2020
Update: to acknowledge the current economic challenged the need for more health & wellness support, we’ve reduced this workshop by 50%.
We human beings are collections of patterns at play~ those of energy and consciousness, as well as force and movement. These patterns persist or change based on our choices and habits, on all levels from the physical to the emotional… from the individual experience to the collective evolution of the yogic path.
Our knowledge is always evolving, being updated and adapted as we understand more about yoga’s historical context, gain more scientific data and stay curious to the relationships between elements of the yogic path. It’s valuable to ask, “How did we get here?” with a lens to the history, culture, and embodiment of this lineage tradition.
Yoga itself has evolved and continues to adapt to serve our modern lives. Science, too, evolves and expands our view of our place within Nature. When we take these things together and add our ongoing inquiry, we are able to see the teachings anew and enrich the ways in which we live our yoga.
In this training, we will investigate resilience and change, in our bodies, our lives, our mental framing, and even agreed-upon collective truths. You will learn ways to train resilience in the body, the tissue and the nervous system as well as best practices for moving and teaching with an understanding of the evolutions we are living in ~ those of science as well as the living tradition of yoga.
We will explore:
- history of science & different maps of anatomy
- maps are not the whole – they are a piece of the truth
- joint centration: anatomy of spine, hips, shoulders and what it means for teaching alignment
- biotensegrity & equal distribution (ED) of effort as embodied wholeness (yoga)
- we are triaxial: implication, application & investigation of non-linear ideas in relation to: asana (steady + dynamic) as well as basic movement patterns (walking, crawling)
- Energetic Alignment (from Prana Vinyasa), Classical Alignment, fluid/dynamic alignment, what’s the difference?
- embodying the vayus & value of breath pulsation
- relationship of breath to tensegrity tuning via diaphragm, pelvic floor
- history of embodied yoga practice originating in the tantras + transition from Hatha Yoga to Modern Postural Yoga
- a look at where we are now, with permission & invitation to evolve
- the Yoga Renaissance
- sustainability for embodied practice
Tues. | April 14 | 10:30 am – 5:00 pm
Wed. | April 15 | 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
This course provides 13 Elective Contact Hours for YGSF’s 300 Hour Program [13 Yoga Alliance®️CEUs].
For more about our 300 Hour Teacher Training CLICK HERE.
YGSF Members receive 10% off the regular price of this workshop. Alumni receive 15% off the regular price of this workshop.