Fall Back into Your Practice
By Christie Pitko
Have you made it back to the yoga studio for an in-person yoga class yet? We get it – it might feel challenging to return to your mat after a time away. Maybe you haven’t practiced yoga in a long time. Maybe you haven’t felt quite ready, but the idea of returning is starting to feel like a possibility.
Tips for a successful return to the studio:
- Give yourself time to ease into it. Be gentle with yourself both mentally and physically.
- If you feel comfortable doing so, ask for support. Let your teacher know this is your first time back. Our instructors are ready to offer modifications and hold space for you and your practice. If you are new to our studio, your first class is on us!
- Try a new yoga style. Maybe vinyasa is your jam, but you haven’t experienced hatha align or restorative. Step outside your comfort zone – you never know what you might discover.
- Try out a new teacher from our roster. We have over 20 seasoned instructors from a variety of backgrounds. Sometimes a shift in perspective can be inspiring.
- Deepen your yoga practice with a training. Yoga Garden offers in-person workshops and trainings throughout the year so that you can immerse yourself and connect to the community.
- Congratulate yourself on making your way back into the physical space! We are excited to be a part of your ongoing yoga journey.
Returning back to the studio is a way to connect to our vibrant and supportive community.