Folk Graphic Designer
Folk is a Yoga Alliance® registered yoga school and collection of 7 community-centered yoga + movement studios throughout San Francisco. Our team is composed of some of the city’s most experienced yoga instructors leading hatha, vinyasa, and prenatal yoga classes, as well as barre, HIIT, and other special classes, workshops, and events. Folk was formerly known as Yoga Garden SF and has recently undergone a rebrand.
About the Position: Graphic Designer
We are looking for a multidisciplinary designer who is highly proficient in marketing production and graphic design, in both print and digital platforms. You will work closely with the Marketing Manager and Social Media Manager to create assets that are aligned with our branding, values, and goals. Within our recently rebranded company, you will have autonomy to experiment and execute new ideas to help shape the visual language of our new identity. The scope of work will be different every day, depending on the priority.
Design: You will create a variety of essential marketing materials including, but not limited to:
- Print collateral
- Digital signage
- In-studio aesthetic
- Minimal web design
- Email marketing
- Social media
Branding: You will help bring the Folk brand to life in this new era of our company with:
- Strategic planning and creative design solutions
- Seasonal and flexible branding initiatives
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Daily expectations might differ from those outlined in this job description depending on your skills and experience; other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.
Hours + Benefits:
- This role is remote and the selected candidate will operate as an independent contractor. You can expect to consistently work between 5-15 hours per week.
- The right candidate will live in or near San Francisco and must be comfortable with occasional on-site visits to all Folk studios in the city.
- All staff members receive a complementary yoga membership for online and in person classes, as well as 30% off workshops and trainings
- We value creativity and innovation; our work culture is human-centered and encouraging of new ideas, professional growth, and resting when needed.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can work closely with a small team of self-directed, dynamic individuals to collaborate efficiently on multiple projects simultaneously. You should have excellent time management skills and maintain personal accountability, including professional and consistent communication. As the lead on creative design, you will be responsible for capturing attention and conveying our company values through your visuals. To excel in this role, you must implement effective project management, including ideation, execution, and documentation of new projects and processes. You should possess a high level of resourcefulness, and keep a solution-oriented outlook under pressure.
Required Skills + Experience
- You should have 3-5 years’ related experience in marketing production and digital design; this experience should display professional growth
- High-level proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, WordPress, and Constant Contact are essential for success in this role.
- The right candidate will possess a confident understanding of online efficiency tools like Google Suite, Slack, Customer.io, Pipedrive, and Canva
- You must be able to provide a demonstrated portfolio and track record for producing high-quality design for marketing in a team environment.
- A fundamental understanding of social media platforms (namely Instagram, Facebook, and Google+) is mandatory, although expertise is not required.
Preferred Skills + Experience
- You will thrive in this role if you have an existing love for yoga – even better if you’re already part of the Folk community. If you do not possess an existing knowledge or understanding of yoga, research skills and a desire to learn are a must.
- Familiarity with Asana or a similar project management tool will be highly beneficial.
- Videography and photography skills, including editing, are highly desirable.
- A strong grasp on the structure and requirements of social media campaigns is considered a major asset; if you possess a demonstrated track record of social media marketing for business, please highlight this experience in your resume.
Get In Touch
If you think you’re the right fit, we would love to hear from you! Please complete this application and attach the following in PDF Format:
- Your resume
- Links to a portfolio or work samples that exemplifies your style and skillset
Only candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements and submit a complete resume with work samples will be considered.