Image sourced from Unsplash via @campaign_creators
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – Seeking a qualified candidate to join our Marketing Team!
MARKETING SPECIALIST — YOGA GARDEN SF
Part-time position, 8-10 hours per week
Yoga Garden SF is a community-centered, Yoga Alliance® registered yoga school with three studios in the heart of San Francisco’s trendy NOPA neighborhood, where some of SF’s best yoga instructors lead hatha yoga, vinyasa yoga, and prenatal yoga classes.
The Marketing Specialist supports the marketing efforts of the organization and helps generate new prospect traffic for yoga memberships and yoga teacher training. This position supports external communication channels, including website (content and design management), social media (campaign management), and email campaigns to attract new students, members, teacher training prospects within both the greater San Francisco Bay Area and internationally.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter and team player. You will work closely with a small team of self-directed, dynamic individuals, all working collaboratively to accomplish common goals. You should have excellent time management skills, and preferably flexible work hours over a set schedule. You must be a passionate advocate of yoga and its benefit, and enjoy building and maintaining relationships, as well as creating connection and community.
This part-time, 8-10 hours per week, position offers competitive compensation and includes a yoga membership. As part of a small team in a dynamic organization, this position has lots of interesting responsibilities, and opportunity to grow in accord with your aptitude and interests. The environment is fast-paced, high-performance, and supportive of personal growth.
- Copywriting (newsletter and website)
- Managing Social Media strategy, content, and planning of regular Instagram/Facebook updates that follow the best business practices
- Partnering with Graphic Designer
- Supporting various Marketing tasks that arise
The scope of work will be different every day depending on the priority.
- Live in San Francisco Bay Area at the time of application
- 2+ years’ progressive related experience in marketing and social media management
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and a professional knowledge of the English language.
- High-level proficiency in computing skills, with a demonstrable intuitive capacity for new applications combined with an active interest in emerging technology opportunities.
- Know how to use online efficiency tools (i.e., Google Suite, Asana, UNION.fit, Customer.io, Zoho)
- Demonstrated track record of social media marketing for business, and a fundamental understanding of how each tool works (namely Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Google +)
- Self-starter and highly innovative, with the ability to both, create an idea and follow it through to completion
- Ability to work under pressure, organize and prioritize responsibilities
- Above average capabilities for basic graphic design for simple design projects
- Excellent time management, project management, organizational skills
- Professional, resourceful, consistent and have a positive attitude
- Maintain and value accountability (both with yourself and others)
- A passion for yoga, wellness, and community
- Excitement for opportunities to improve marketing and sales efforts that drive revenue
- PR skills
- Experience with building Adwords strategy and campaigns
- Certificate of Completion from any RYS 200 hour yoga teacher training program
This position reports directly to our Marketing Manager and needs to be filled immediately. Only candidates who meet the requirements above, demonstrate an exemplary work ethic, and are willing to commit to our community will be considered. Be prepared to give at least 3 references.
Interested in the position? Complete the form below. We look forward to being in touch 🙂