More changes are coming!
By now, we are all somewhat accustomed to the gradual shifts in local health guidelines. San Francisco has been one of the most conservative counties in the nation, to great success. At the time of writing, 66% of San Franciscans over 16 have completed a vaccine series and the average number of cases per day has been declining steadily for weeks. Local restrictions are widely expected to lift on or near June 15, 2021, allowing Yoga Garden SF and other merchants to operate at higher capacity.
We recognize that habits and comfort with reduced safety mandates will be different for everyone. As an organization, we remain committed to communicating our policies and procedures clearly and consistently so that you can make decisions that work for you.
Keep reading for some important news about our operations, and changes that are happening over the next few weeks.
What this means for Yoga Garden SF operations:
- Most classes are returning to the studio for live, in-person experiences.
- Many classes will continue to be Streamed for digital access.
- Streamed classes will be available to registrants of the class for 48 hours as Replays. Members have access to unlimited Replays regardless of registration.
- The Replay Library is updated twice weekly and currently contains over 300 videos.
- Memberships are available for digital-only (Streaming and Replays), or digital + in-person. View all Memberships.
We believe in the power of shared physical space.
We have fully embraced digital experiences in our public classes and professional training programs, and remain committed to providing that option for added value and convenience. However, we believe that as a small, local business, our value to the community is in providing shared physical space for practice and connection. Though it may impede our reach, we believe that the quality of the personal connection is paramount to our service, and therefore all programs (public classes, workshops, and advanced studies) will move back into the studio as soon as possible.
Current Procedures for In-Person Class:
- Late entry to classes is not permitted. Please arrive at the studio at least 10 minutes before class starts. Due to our current staffing limitations, doors will be locked as class begins.
- Class capacity is limited to 50% and masks are required.
- Personal health screenings are discontinued at this time.
- Starting June 1, 2021, a No Show Fee of $20 will be charged for missed reservations outside the 24-hour cancellation window. Please download the Union.fit app for an easy way to manage your reservations.
- Please select the “Wait List” option at check out if you’d like to register for a class that is full. You will receive a separate notification prompting check-out if a spot becomes available. You can join the waitlist up to 1 hour before class time.
- CDC guidance has confirmed that COVID-19 does not spread on surfaces. Still, our studios and high-touch surfaces are cleaned frequently.
- We provide disposable disinfecting wipes for props, mats, and any surface that you have used or want disinfected. Please use them! Pillow cases are also provided to cover bolsters. Please put them in the laundry hampers after use. All other props are cleaned on a rotating basis. If you ever see a condition that needs attention, please notify our staff.
- All studios are equipped with the top-rated MERV-13 air filtration system and medical-grade HEPI air filtration.
Upcoming Teacher Training Programs:
If you’ve been waiting to deepen your practice in an in-person setting, now is the time! Yoga Garden SF’s community-centered, Yoga Alliance certified yoga teacher training programs are internationally recognized for their quality and depth. Our graduates teach at top studios, start their own businesses, and join a global network of yoga professionals.
- Given the expected shift in capacity limitations, the following programs are scheduled to be offered in-person, with select modules offered digitally for convenience and staffing flexibility.
- 200 Hour Summer Immersion Yoga Teacher Training (July 6 – August 1)
- Trauma-Informed Yoga Teacher Training (next module starts August 2021)
To learn more about Advanced Studies programs, schedule a call with our Advanced Studies Manager.
For student testimonials, read our reviews on Yoga Alliance.