Job Description: Folk Social Media Manager
Folk is a Yoga Alliance® registered yoga school and collection of 7 community-centered yoga + movement studios throughout San Francisco. Our team is composed of some of the city’s most experienced yoga instructors leading hatha, vinyasa, and prenatal yoga classes, as well as barre, HIIT, and other special classes, workshops, and events. Folk was formerly known as Yoga Garden SF and has recently undergone a rebrand.
About the Position: Social Media Manager
We are searching for an enthusiastic content creator who is interested in supporting the next-level growth of our organization and new brand identity. You will work closely with our Marketing Director and Graphic Designer to:
- Strategize Folk social media platforms and campaigns
- Update virtual business profiles (e.g. Google Business, Yelp, etc.)
- Create daily content for social media platforms that clearly communicates the Folk identity and services to drive sales while cultivating community authentically
- Manage online audience of students, teachers, and local neighbors/businesses to engage and grow relationships, on and offline
- Support new teacher digital marketing
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Daily expectations might differ from those outlined in this job description depending on your skills and experience; other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.
Hours + Benefits:
- This role is remote and the selected candidate will operate as an independent contractor. You can expect to consistently work between 10-15 hours per week.
- The right candidate will live in or near San Francisco and must be comfortable with occasional on-site visits to all Folk studios in the city.
- All staff members receive a complementary yoga membership for online and in person classes, as well as 30% off workshops and trainings
- We value creativity and innovation; our work culture is human-centered and encouraging of new ideas, professional growth, and resting when needed.
To succeed within the Folk team, you must be a team player with the ability to work efficiently on your own. Our ideal candidate is organized and creative, and has experience balancing multiple projects efficiently. You should have excellent time management skills and maintain personal accountability, including professional and consistent communication. You shine in fast-paced, dynamic environments and are always keeping tabs on new, trend-conscious ways to engage your community. This role requires effective project management, including the ability to ideate, execute, and document new and improved processes in a growing company. You should possess a high level of resourcefulness, and keep a solution-oriented outlook under pressure.
Required Skills + Experience
- You should have experience in managing and creating social media content for a brand, company, or organization.
- Exceptional writing skills are required; you will be asked to deliver social media copy, as well as blogs and web content that is simultaneously informative, professional, and entertaining. Nuance is key!
- Video editing skills are required; in-app editing experience will suffice, but rudimentary skills in a program like Adobe Premiere Pro is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will also have experience with WordPress and basic SEO keyword skills is essential.
- The ideal candidate will possess an enthusiasm for grass-roots, small business, community-minded endeavors.
Preferred Skills + Experience
- You will thrive in this role if you have an existing love for yoga – even better if you’re already part of the Folk community. If you do not possess an existing knowledge or understanding of yoga, research skills and a desire to learn are a must.
- Familiarity with Asana or a similar project management tool will be highly beneficial.
- Basic graphic design skills or the desire to learn will be helpful but is not essential.
Get In Touch
If you think you’re the right fit, we would love to hear from you! Please complete this application and attach the following in PDF Format:
- Your resume
- A writing sample
- Links to a portfolio or social media accounts where we can see examples of your work.
Only candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements and submit a complete resume with work samples will be considered.