with Sean Feit
It isn’t all in your head; trauma affects the totality of our embodied experience. This workshop will explore the experience and healing of trauma on the path of yoga.
In this 12 hour workshop you will:
- Understand the basic principles of the nervous system, including its response to traumatic events.
- Become aware that traumatic events happen in everyday life and are expressed in the body.
- Consider how the healing of our traumatic experiences is an integral part of spiritual life.
- Be introduced to Somatic Experiencing and learn how to recognize trauma in yourself and in yoga/meditation students.
- Learn language and asana modifications that support healing and decrease the possibility of re-triggering traumatic response.
- Understand the relationship of energetic manifestations in yoga to trauma, and the relationship of trauma to kundalini and kriya.
** Tuition is $225, or $199 on or before March 1st. | This course provides 5 Elective Contact Hours for YGSF 300 and/or 5 Yoga Alliance® CEUs. | YGSF Members receive 10% discount and alumni receive 15% discount.
About Sean Feit: