Learn to Teach Prenatal Yoga
Free live, on-line , interactive class.
Begin to learn how to teach yoga to pregnant and post-partum women. This free 90-minute class examines the physical, social, technical, and practical considerations in bringing the benefits of yoga to new mothers.
Join Marisa Toriggino, Director of Yoga Garden SF’s Prenatal Yoga and Prenatal Teacher Training program in this free on-line and interactive presentation and program. You will walk away with:
- an overview of the physical changes that pregnant women are experiencing and how this can affect their yoga practice
- ways that yoga can address common discomforts and conditions related to pregnancy
- dos and don’ts of prenatal yoga practices
- introduction to the social and cultural context of birth in America
- discussion of yoga’s role in preparing students for parenthood
- how to create a richly supportive community for pregnant women
This 1 1/2 hour class can apply toward’s Yoga Garden SF 85-hour prenatal teacher training credential.